Books are the treasure of great ideas, experiences and historical data that help us explore every avenue in our lives. Reading books do not only help pass time but also enrich our lives intellectually.
The following are the 12 books preparing to hit the shelves in 2018, the reading of which - we believe - will make you a better person.
Basically, it's a list of some really great and exciting books we think you should know about because they might just enrich your lives.
With 12 books and a confirmed 12 months in the next full calendar year, it's almost as if you could set yourself some kinds of challenges.
1. When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir byPatrisse Khan-Cullors
2. Trans Britain: Our Long Journey from the Shadows by Christine Burns
3. BRAVE by Rose McGowan
4. This Will Be My Undoing: Living at the Intersection of Black, Female and Feminist in (White) America by Morgan Jerkins
5. The World Only Spins Forward: The Ascent of Angels in America by Isaac Butler and Dan Kois
6. What Are We Doing Here? Essays by Marilynne Robinson
7.Forgotten Women by Zing Tsjeng
8. Heads of the Colored People: Stories by Nafissa Thompson-Spires
9. How to Write an Autobiographical Novel: Essays by Alexander Chee
10. Queer Sex: A Trans and Non-Binary Guide to Intimacy, Pleasure and Relationships by Juno Roche
11. Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture by Roxane Gay