KATHMANDU, April 10: The categorization process of Maoist combatants has been halted for a few hours at the request of the Maoist leadership in view of ‘security threat’ in the cantonments.
According to sources, the Maoist leadership asked the division commanders at each cantonment to halt the process for a few hours until the meeting of the three parties--UCPN (Maoist), Nepali Congress and CPN-UML-- and United Democratic Madhesi Front.
““We have halted the categorization process since 1:30 pm,” said Dr Dipak Bhatt, an SC secretariat member, who has been leading the SC team at the Dasarathpur cantonment in Surkhet.
According to a source, the division commanders had earlier approached to the secretariat categorization team this afternoon, saying that they cannot guarantee security for the team and at the cantonment.
The source also said the division commander of the cantonment at Chulachil has fled the cantonment due to security threat but this information could not be independently verified from the Maoist side