KATHMANDU, Aug 10: A fire in a warehouse storing cotton at Bhatbhateni of Kathmnadu on Friday caused huge loss of property.
Police said the fire broke out at the warehouse at around 11 in the morning and took almost three hours to bring it under control. It also caused a loss of property worth around Rs 4 million.
"Because of transport strike, the fire trucks rushed to the scene somewhat late but with the joint efforts of 8-10 fire trucks, security personals and locals, we were able to put out the fire in three hours," said police Inspector Kiran Kunwar.
The police said they suspected short circuit caused the fire. Investigations were continuing.